Monday, March 23, 2015

Talking with author Franny Armstrong

Welcome Breathless Press author Franny Armstrong today...

So tell us about your latest or upcoming release. What is this gem about?

In the Toxic Tango Troop series, I have Jinn & Toxic, and Minx Juliette, but soon will have a hot and steamy story, book three, Blaque Russian. The story continues with a sexy black man with Captain Tab McTavish's kidnapped sister, Tara. (from the Jinn & Toxic) She is a feisty female who gives the impression that she's delicate. That can prove to be a deadly mistake when she's crossed.

·        How often does your muse distract you from day to day minutiae?

My muses (two of them) keep me hopping night and day. I live in the world of the stories I write. Every day I'm on the computer for hours on end, creating challenges for the heroes/heroines, and putting up road blocks for the villains. I love to live in those places.

 If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be?

I write about psychics, and seeing as I am one, I love to embellish on their abilities, giving them unusual powers. It's fun to have them battle villains with their own gifts. If it had to be a creature, I think a Pegasus would be great!

What do you do when you’re not writing?

When I'm not writing, I'm promoting my books or editing them. There's never a dull moment in my life, but I do tend to watch TV in the evenings to calm the chatter in my mind. The characters tend to pull me back, sometimes keeping me awake all night long, writing scene after scene until they release me.

Are any of your characters like you?

I think there is a little bit of me in each of my characters. Even the villains have characteristics that I share. Not bad ones though. LOL. The heroines have my determination to protect those I love, and live challenges that I only dream of. I live through them vicariously.

Do you have a favorite quote from any of your book(s)?

Yes, lol. I do. This is from my favorite scene in Minx Juliette:
"Eat your food," he said, growling.
Julie gave a low, throaty laugh, and took another mouthful. His hand shook a bit, and he spilled some of the gravy on her chest. This time, she said,
"Would you care to lick it off?"
To her surprise, Lope leapt to his feet, banging his head on the ceiling. She snickered and then bit her lip to stop it.
"What's wrong?" she asked with an innocent look on her face.
"You obviously can feed yourself." He turned and climbed the stairs, leaving her.
Hey, nice ass.
Lope stopped in his tracks, his back to her. Her chest hurt like crazy, yet she laughed aloud. He heard my thoughts. She watched as he disappeared upstairs. Once he'd slammed the trap door shut, she lay down and closed her eyes, exhausted, the dinner forgotten.


If a movie or TV production company chose to produce your books into a series of shows or movies, who would your ideal cast be?


I love Sandra Bullock and Hugh Jackson. I think they'd make a perfect couple. They'd offer the danger and desire needed to be my characters. If you find a production company to make the movies, send them on over. HAHAHA

Minx Juliette by Franny Armstrong
Toxic Tango Troop Book 2
Breathless Press
Romantic Suspense, Paranormal elements

Shot and nearly drowned, psychic Sergeant Julie Dennison is saved by a handsome rebel leader who's searching for his kidnapped son. 

When Sergeant Julie Dennison is shot and nearly drowned, she's saved by a handsome Latino stranger who can't wait to get rid of her. Wolf is a leader of a group of rebels, working together to take down crooked cops in Mexico. He searches for his kidnapped son, and the man who killed his wife. The problem is that he doesn't want to give his heart away, and Julie refuses to fall in love. Together they conquer the rainforest on a search for the Toxic Tango Troop, and Julie's twin sister, Jinn.
Teaser:
Heat burned along Julie's side, and a hard lump pressed into her hip. One of her lovers, she couldn't remember who, must have fallen asleep after they'd had sex. That was one rule she refused to allow to be broken. At ten years old, she'd been separated from her family. She'd promised herself never to become attached to anyone, to protect her heart.
It hurt to stretch, but she wanted to, like a cat. As she opened her eyes to find darkness, Julie wondered where she was. Her bed-partner breathed deeply, and evenly on her neck, sending delicious shivers up her spine. His arm rested on her waist. When she moved, pain radiated from her chest, and reality came crashing back.
Jinn?
Julie, I...
The man beside her moved, lifting his head. He pressed his palm on her forehead, and sighed.
"Still have the fever. Damn."
"Lope?"
"Yes. Stay put. I'll get you something to drink. We have to cool you down, and get you well enough to move out of here."
"You seem to be in a real hurry to get rid of me."
"You are a danger to us all."
"Who?"
His expression shuttered suddenly, as though he'd given something away. "I'll be right back."
He lit some candles and left the bed, barely able to stand erect due to the low ceiling. Julie estimated he stood well over six-feet tall when not ducking, and his shoulders took up much of the space in the small room. His narrow, muscular waist drew her gaze, as did the bulge in his denims that pressed against her while he lay beside her. She bit back a grin when he adjusted his jeans and turned to leave. From the look on his face, he didn't appear to be thrilled with her effect on him.
A few moments later he came back, carrying a tray laden with a drink of juice, a bowl of stew, and some bread. He avoided her eyes and focused on feeding her, staring at her lips as they accepted the spoon. When he frowned, she smirked.
"What's so funny?"
"If I weren't weak as a kitten, I imagine you'd have other things on your mind than feeding me."
Startled, he looked at her this time. "Eat your food," he said, growling.
Julie gave a low, throaty laugh, and took another mouthful. His hand shook a bit, and he spilled some of the gravy on her chest. This time, she said, "Would you care to lick it off?"
To her surprise, Lope leapt to his feet, banging his head on the ceiling. She snickered and then bit her lip to stop it.
"What's wrong?" she asked with an innocent look on her face.
"You obviously can feed yourself." He turned and climbed the stairs, leaving her.
Hey, nice ass.
Lope stopped in his tracks, his back to her. Her chest hurt like crazy, yet she laughed aloud. He heard my thoughts. She watched as he disappeared upstairs. Once he'd slammed the trap door shut, she lay down and closed her eyes, exhausted, the dinner forgotten.
 Buy Link

Author Bio

Franny Armstrong is a mother of three and a grandmother of four. Her husband supports her imagination and has the patience of a saint. She’s been writing since she was a child, creating plays to act out in front of the neighborhood children. She charged them five cents admission to join her in the family garage for the play.

Since 2002, after a serious breakdown, Franny had to express herself on the computer since she couldn’t speak, everything coming out gibberish at that time. She’s slowly healed to the point that she can function fairly well. Writing was the best medicine for her and still is.

Franny loves to write about rainforests and Caribbean islands rather than about cities. Her characters are well rounded and share her wacky sense of humor.
Franny Armstrong
Love is to DIE for...


No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...