Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Personal Review for As You Are by Ethan Day

I love Ethan Day and his book. There I said it and there is no twelve step program to get involved in either to cure me of this addiction. Not because I find this author’s books charming, out loud funny and romantic in the least but because I don’t consider myself as having a problem at all.*grins* 


AS YOU ARE has two people finding out they are just right for one another but first they need to confront themselves and their perceptions of what love really is. Is it just like those old Hollywood glamor movies where the hero sweeps the heroine (or hero in this case) off their feet or is it more complex than that?


Julian Hallowell is a man who knows that "THE ONE" will swoop down and give him the full "I Love you, Man" speech and sweep him off his feet. Well he hopes anyways. Julian has been in love with his roommate, Danny, for over a year and though the path to true love is never smooth says it all. Through the course of the story, we find Julian finally seeing that hey Danny isn't really into you at all and finds himself dating Andy, a nice young man who turns Julian on like no tomorrow and tries to forget his feelings for Danny. I just love the fact Julian was as complicated and had insecurities like everyone else. He wasn't perfect which had me liking him even more.Perfect characters annoy me and Julian was far from perfect. He had the perfect love in his head and nothing and no one was going to deny him that-even as the reader & Julian found out, love is messy and doesn't always go according to plan.  


AS YOU ARE is one of those stories where you, the reader, find you want these people to be your friend in real life. The characters are multi-dimensional, delightful and absolutely enjoyable-warts and all. The writing is tight and story moves along at a nice pace. The author knows his characters and keeps the reader glued till the very end when the reader will find out if Julian gets his happily ever after with Andy or not.

Mr. Day delivers funny, romantic, real story that will leave you giggling at times and sighing at other times. A talented author, Ethan Day delivers another winner in AS YOU ARE and I, for one, can not wait to see what else this author has in store for his readers in the future. I am sure it will include snarky and wonderful heroes who find that love is not that smooth path they thought all along.Want to read a story that leaves a smile on your face? Grab AS YOU ARE and settle in for an afternoon of reading pleasure. I would hope Ethan comes back to Julian in the future. I would love to see what he has been up to along with all his family and friends.

No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...