Saturday, April 23, 2011

Guest Author Day with Drea Beecraft


Can you tell me a bit about your most recent release?

The Thrice Princess is a paranormal romance about vampires, gods, fairies, demons, and just about every other paranormal being you can think of.  Its a story of love and the beginning of a new life and new series.

For any readers who may not have read any of your books, can you just give us a little sneak peak into world?

I write mostly a paranormal/contemporary.  I tend to like the modern technology to much to venture any further then that ;0).

How much of yourself, if any, do you put into your characters?

It just depends in all they have a bit of my characteristics but some have more then others.

How do you keep sex scenes fresh and exciting so they don't become stale or repetitive?

I haven't had that many books come out that this is an issue yet but I think its just imagination and fantasy mixed in.

If you could throw a party with any five people (living or dead) who would you pick and why?

Wow this one is a hard one. My choice is everyone on my yahoo loops in one room that would be a blast lol.  (Since I can't pick five cause yeah that is just to much.)

What are at least five things you have on your bucket list and have you done any of them?

1. Meet Someone Famous
2. Travel to Scotland and Ireland
3. Make a difference in someones life
4. Dance in the rain
5. Show love and be loved in return

Now if you account for all the authors I have met (which I do) I have most definitely meet tons of famous people. Travel is just not in my cards at the moment but once my kids get older we will never know. As for making a diffrence in someones life I think I am but I am not to entirely sure. I have played in the rain but never danced and as romatic as it sounds I really want to try it out.  I show love every day to my children and family and I believe they love me in return.

Is there one series/author you feel is a must read for readers to explore (can be e book authors or print NY house authors)?

Oh my that is hard to pick just one. I am going to have to go towards The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward it was my first ever series and I love them.

Do you listen to music when writing? Do you feel like some stories write themselves a soundtrack with specific music? If so, what book and what kind of music influenced it?

Sometimes I do but most of the time it is totally quiet except for the kids screaming and yelling lol.

What is coming up for you in 2011?

Hopefully more books if I get to writing.  Oh and I have my eye on a few confrences, what can I say I am a social creature.

Are any of your characters just like you or have personality quirks/traits of you or someone you know?

Some are like that yes they have my funny sense of humor or my no filter of a mouth tendency lol.

Where can readers find you on the web?

The Thrice Princess
Available at Secret Cravings
Buy HERE

While her fate was set during the previous great wars of immortals, Anastasia Gruff is nothing but mortal until the night she stumbles upon a scene that turns her world upside down. Now, she struggles to adjust to a world where nothing is what it seems, and feels more at home than ever before.

Devlin Miconis, heir to the vampire throne, is facing certain death. When a mortal woman saves his life, and gives him back his soul, he must figure out how to repay her. Now that she has given him something to live for, can he protect her from those who mean her harm?  


Adult Excerpt:

Stasia woke up with her muscles sore and her head pounding. Slowly taking stock one muscle at a time, starting at her toes and working up to her neck, she rotated and squirmed until most of the kinks were out. After each body part was stretched to satisfaction she turned onto her side to take in the room.
Staring aimlessly around the room Stasia arched her back and met a hard body behind her. Warm and hard, it took only seconds for fright to make her limbs contract and ready to blot from the bed. As if sensing her distress, strong arms banded around her waist.
“It’s all right, it’s just me, you are safe. I would never harm you, my Bandia.” The deep timbre of his voice comforted her.
The memories from the night before slowly leaked into her mind. One by one, the dots began to connect, remembering being carried to Devlin’s bedroom, being stripped down and him lying beside her, skin-to-skin helping to alleviate the pain of her turning.
Loosening her muscles, she slowly turned in his arms to look at his face. Handsome wasn’t enough to describe him.
Slowly lifting her hand to trace his nose, Stasia watched him with weary eyes, as she continued to his lips and down his strong jaw to the side of his neck.
“I can see the gears working.” Devlin spoke while rubbing his face onto her hand. “What’s going on in that beautiful brain of yours?”
Before she lost the nerve, Stasia ran her hands down his chest next stroking her way to his nipple.
Removing his hand from her hip, he caressed her lips gently with his index finger following each touch with a kiss. Making his way slowly down her neck, he nipped and licked while cupping one of her breast in his hand, making her nipple stiffen in response.
Fireworks shot through her body, and every nerve ending felt like pure lightning shot through. Feeling most of the heat concentrated on her now wet pussy, Stasia rubbed into his touch, grinding her hips against his long hard body.
Releasing a strangled moan, he looked into her eyes. The ice blue of his irises seemed to darken into a more aqua blue. The most astonishing part of them were his corneas, they now glowed bright red.
The sight should have scared her, but only added more arousal to her already drenched panties. Grabbing his hand from her breast and pulling it to her mouth. Kissing each digit then took the index finger into the recesses of her mouth. Swirling her tongue around the end and popping it back out just as fast.
When did she become so wanton? It must be the man that did it to her., either that or the power running rapid through her veins; Stasia secretly hoped it was the latter. With a groan, she began to rain peck like kisses down his arm, until she reached his mating mark.
 Beginning to trace the tribal design with her tongue, showing each line very detailed attention and earning a very male groan for her efforts.
Leaning over she felt the warm air as he spoke softly into her ear. “Woman you must stop. I can’t contain myself if you continue to do that.”
Looking up into his irresistible eyes, she gave him the sexiest smile she could muster. “Who says I want you to contain yourself?”

No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...