Thursday, April 21, 2011

WRITER'S WRITE...WRITING PARTNERS FEUD



We'd like to chat about what inspired us to write, where we get our ideas, and our creative differences.

About inspiration:

A: As a child, I adored being read to, but I also enjoyed watching the expressions on my family's faces as they read to me. They were as entertained as I reading the adventures of Princesses, of mice, of frogs, of siblings, of witches, and more. These fairy tales inspired me so much that I decided I wanted to entertain my family with my own stories, written, at first, in the cave man style of pictures, and then as I learned to write, by self-publishing my own little books. And, I haven't stopped, going from crayons and paper to a typewriter with a sticky L key to finally computers. I started to write to entertain, and I confess, it is now an addiction that I never wish to cure.

Z: The pretentious answer would be the power and influence I saw in the words of Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln. And that would be true. But it is more complicated. I wrote the lyrics to a song in high school that captured the social moment and I felt my peers were moved, I was pleased. In college, my Creative English professor confessed she cried after reading my piece, but none-the-less
failed my paper. Thus the tears gave me validation that I was good. I wrote to draw them. Who cares if I didn't understand a dangling participle. My second Language professor failed a paper which I later submitted to a magazine without editorial change, which was published. Again, the validation was in the reason. I wanted to make the man angry. I did, and was failed not out of anything but his bias. But, I must share that possibly the most profound motivation was that of my wooing a woman. Protecting her identity, her pet name to me was Princess Vi. To make a long story a little longer, we were held at a distance because of careers but I know, because she told me so, I captured her heart through my hand-penned letters. We would have been intended but life is never fair.

Ideas and creative differences:

Z: Second question first, every frick-frackin' day we have creative differences. When ever we write this column we explore some of the clashes and how we, via our sense of humor, avoid being charged with first degree homicide. Angelica is didactic.

A: Moi? Am not. Since when did I ever give any evidence of being preachy? I'll answer the first question. Didactic! Sorry, I digressed. As we previously noted on a previous blog we lamestorm. We set aside an entire day where we bring together ideas and like a game of war, we place them in the center of the table to see if one is more powerful than the other. In a single elimination tournament we eventually ascertain that idea which has the least amount of lameness attached to it. Then we research. And if it seems entertaining, we will outline. If not, it will go into our huge circular idea file.

Z: Where Angelica will dig hers out, and bring them back to the next session.

A: Do not...aw...already, I do, but they are such goooood ideas!

Z: Time to agree to disagree.

A: Buy lunch and I'll agree.

Z: Eating is always a running theme with you, isn't it.

A: Your point?

Z: Want fries with that?


We'd love to hear from anyone interested in what we do. Anyone who writes us at angeliahartandzi@yahoo.com and leaves an s-mail address, we will send you a gift and add you to any future mailings.

Angelica Hart and Zi
KILLER DOLLS ~ SNAKE DANCE ~ CHASING YESTERDAY
www.champagnebooks.com

STEEL EMBRACE by Vixen Bright and Zachary Zane
August 2011 http://www.carnalpassions.com/


THE FABLE OF SIN-SIN CINDERELLA Series
angelicahartandzi.com







No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...