Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Welcome Lacie Nation today

When did you seriously sit down, and say to yourself, I’m going to write a novel?

 I don’t think I ever said that. I’ve always written as a way of getting stuff off my chest. Apparently I have a lot to say because I ended up with a novel. LOL

If you were to start again, with the knowledge you have now, what would be the first thing you do? Never start a sentence with the word “it” and put commas where they go. There is so much I’ve learned, I couldn’t name them all.

Do you have the support of family and friends? Honestly, if I didn’t have my family and friends, I wouldn’t have had the courage to even seek publication. Every time I chicken out they are always behind me telling me I can do this.

Do you have a book coming out? If so what? My first novel comes out August 31, 2011 titled So Beautifully Broken. 

How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing? Everything I write has some sort of personal aspect to it. With So Beautifully Broken, I used a lot of very personal things to tell Lilly’s, the main character, story. The other characters also have little pieces of friends and family in them as well.

Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow? If I’m working on a project, I like to try and write every day. I don’t have a schedule though. If it’s not there, it’s not there.

What do you have coming up? Any teasers you want to give us? I actually just got a contract for my second book tentatively titled One Courageous Dare. It involves one scandalous dare, a soldier and a tragedy. It’s all about love and healing. 

What is your writing routine once you start a book? I have to have certain movies playing. LOL… with So Beautifully Broken I believe it was “Avatar,” I’m pretty sure my DVD is worn out.

What are your thoughts on love scenes in romance novels, do you find them difficult to write? I don’t find them hard to write if a scene calls for it. I’m a strong believer that a love scene will pretty much write it’s self if it’s meant to be.

What kind of research do you do? I mostly write from a very personal place so not much research is needed. Normally it’s for medical things or legal aspects of a story.

Fill in the blank favorites –
Dessert- Cheesecake.
City- Sea side California
Season- Winter.
Type of hero- Strong, and protective.
Type of heroine- Independent, strong willed, and fiercely loyal.

What are some of your favorite things to do, or your hobbies? I love horseback riding, I would ride everyday if I could. Strangely enough, I enjoy playing video games with my boyfriend. 

Who are some of your other favorite authors and/or genres to read? I’m a HUGE paranormal-romance fan. Josephine Angelini is a favorite of mine.

Which of your books has been the easiest to write? Once Courageous Dare just flowed. The hardest? So Beautifully Broken, it was hard to tap into those places to write some of the things I wrote.  The most fun? Writing in general is fun for me so they were both enjoyable.

Which comes first, the story, the characters or the setting? Honestly, I would have to say the setting. I will be cooking or cleaning and BAM a scene will pop in my head. I can’t do anything but turn that scene into a story.

If we asked your muse to tell us three things about you, what do you think they might say? HA… I would imagine he would say once I start something, I can’t put it down until it’s finished. Writing/reading takes up way to much of my time. I am my own worst critic.

What is your favorite season and why? Winter, I live in Georgia which until late Oct is extremely hot and humid. I don’t like the heat. 

Congratulations, your novel was just picked up by a major Hollywood studio. They are letting you cast the characters. Name the book you would choose to be made into a movie and who you think would play those characters.  I would have to say So Beautifully Broken. It’s the something that means a great deal to me. As far as characters go: Tyler Hoechlin as Jack Hollister. He looks the closest to what I picture Jack looking like, although he doesn’t have tattoos like Jack. As far as Lilly goes, I really can’t think of anyone right off the top of my head that I could see playing her.

If you could choose anywhere in the world to set up your desk and write, where would you like it to be? What’s so special to you about this place? I would have to say Seaside California, I spent some time there several years ago and I loved it. The climate, the people, just everything about it relaxed me.
 So Beautifully Broken
Coming to Secret Cravings Publsihing
August 31st
Pre-Order TODAY HERE
Lilly’s entire life has been filled with people who have manipulated,
violated, and hurt her beyond repair.  She is left feeling as though the
numbing affect of drugs is the only way to cope.  She’s back in her
home town now and starting a new job at Tilt.  What happens when
she meets a group of people who understand her pain and love her in
spite of it?  What happens when she meets Jack, her boss and former
addict?  Will she be able to live a life filled with love and people who
support her not tear her down?

Follow Lilly and Jack though their relationship as they fight demons
from Lilly’s past that come back with a vengeance.
Check out the Book Trailer HERE 
 

9 comments:

DawnsReadingNook said...

Thanks for being my guest today Lacie. Congrats on your upcoming book. It sounds really good.

Lacie Nation said...

Thanks for having me! I'm so excited for the book to finally be released.

Kellie Kamryn said...

What a great interview and so nice to know more about you! Your book sounds great :) congratulations!

Lacie Nation said...

Thanks Kellie!

Daisy Dunn said...

Great interview, my dear. You're book sounds amazing. I've pre-ordered it and I can't wait to read it. Incredible story line!! I wish you all the success with your novel :)

Daisy Dunn

Lacie Nation said...

Thanks Daisy!

Tabitha Shay said...

Congrats, Lacie,
A great interview and a new book released! Love the title, it just grabs a reader. Best of luck and can I move to Seaside too? It sounds like the perfect place to get some writing done...Tabs

Marie Rose Dufour said...

Congrats and great interview. I love learning about authors. Will be ordering this one right away!

Lacie Nation said...

Sure Tabs, lets go! It's this small town outside of Monteray. I just fell in love with it. Perfect temp year round for me.

Marie, Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it.

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...