Thursday, October 29, 2015

Book Review- Autumn Thorns by Yasmine Galenorn

An introduction to the dark and spooky world that makes up Whisper Hollows from master storyteller, Yasmine Galenorn.

My Rating for Autumn Thorns: 5 Stars and a Recommended Read

In Whisper Hollow, the spirits walk among you, magic is alive and the residents are more than a little odd. But for Kerris Fellwater, she was coming home after fifteen years away. Now she is taking the mantle of spirit shaman after her grandmother died and finds more questions than answers as she reacquaints herself to the town and friends there. But danger is circling the town and murder is the end game. With the help of her new neighbor, Bryan and some friends, Kerris will have to figure it out before the enemy that is trying to infiltrate the town sets their sights on Kerris.

I got to admit whenever this author has a new book out, I put whatever I am reading down and go immediately to her new book. She is just that damn good! This is an author who weaves a spell around her readers the moment they open one of her books. She is an expert storyteller who knows how to intrigue the reader, entice them and keep their attention as they flip the pages to see what happens next. Her latest book is an introduction to her new series, Whisper Hollows, and boy does it deliver! We got spirits, magic, evil and romance all rolled up in a ball with a bow on it. Ms. Galenorn weaves a story full of intriguing characters, a town that just calls to you to visit and a mystery that sets up a series that will surely become just as popular as her last ones (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, Indigo Fey, etc). All I know was when I turned the last page; I was left waiting for more. I wanted to see what would happen next for Kerris & Bryan and the rest of the cast of characters that I quickly fell in love with. The story moves at a nice pace, the author’s world building just blows my mind and multi-dimensional characters that stole my heart right from the beginning. This is an author who knows how to tell a story that dark, deadly and full of things that go bump in the night.

Meet Kerris Fellwater. After being away from Whisper Hollow for fifteen years, she finds herself called back to the town after her grandparents die and finds more questions than answers when she gets there. For Kerris is now the town’s spirit shaman and she has to figure out her powers, the town and more all the while trying to stay one step ahead of an enemy that is determined to destroy  her and the town. I love Kerris. She is a strong female character that just resonated with me. She is complicated, determined and knows to do her duty as the spirit shaman but there is a steep learning curve to overcome. The sparks fly with Bryan
and I loved seeing these two together. The sex scenes are so hot, I swore my book was about to catch itself on fire. The secondary characters are a delight to know. They are just as entertaining and intriguing as the main characters were.

What blew me away was how much darker this book was than her other series such as the Otherworld series and the Indigo Court books. The different spirits alone made me shiver and fear as well as the different residents’ abilities made the story so much stronger in my opinion. AUTUMN THORNS is a world class story that will suck you in until the very last page is read. Now all I got to ask is how long till book two is here?

Buy the book at Amazon

No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...